Rectangular Coil Spring
|25.5.2021||Posted by Dongguan-Cailong under Advertising & Marketing|
The rectangular coil spring is a kind of coil spring which receives axial pressure and stores energy through compression deformation to provide buffering resilience.
Rectangular coil spring, as one of the industrial coil springs, is widely used in mold manufacturing and processing industry, and it is also used in other industries. In order to identify and prevent rust, rectangular coil spring was painted in line with the upgraded ten material environmental protection standards of RoHS2.0.
How to use the rectangular coil spring:
The use method of rectangular coil spring is particular. As a professional spring manufacurer, let Cailong explain to you.
- When the spring is used, it needs to be matched with the guide. If it is used without the spring guide, the spring will have longitudinal bending and transverse bending, and the inside of bending will produce local high stress. The guide pin, outer diameter guide and other spring guides are used. Generally speaking, it is most ideal to use the guide pin from top to bottom through the inner diameter side guide.
- The inner diameter of spring and the guide pin
It is suggested that the guide pin rod diameter should be set to be about 1.0 mm smaller than the spring inner diameter. If the gap between the guide pin and the spring is small, the guide pin will make the inner diameter of the spring wear, and take the wear part as the starting point, resulting in the final damage. In addition, if the gap is too large, it will cause longitudinal bending.
- The outer diameter of spring and counterbore
It is suggested that the diameter of counterbore should be 1.5mm larger than the outer diameter of spring. If the gap between the spring and the counterbore is small, the outer diameter side of the spring will expand after compression. There will occurs friction between the outer diameter of the spring and the counterbore, resulting in cross-section deformation and stress concentration, and causing final damage.
- Make sure to use the spring within the maximum compression range, and do not use it beyond the limit.
- The spring can only be used after preloading.
- The spring should be used in a clean environment to avoid the mixing and inclusion of foreign matters and wastes.
- Pay attention to confirm the parallelism of the spring mounting surface. If the parallelism of the mounting surface is poor, it will lead to the transverse bending of the spring. The internal stress of the bending is locally high, leading to the final damage.
- Series connection of spring, nesting of the inner and the outer, and transverse use will lead to the decrease of spring durability and cause damage.