The Differences between the Surgical Gown and Isolation Gown
|12.4.2021||Posted by longhuimed under Advertising & Marketing|
The surgical gown and isolation gown are commonly used in hospitals as personal protective equipment. Today we will analyze the differences between the surgical gown and isolation gown from several aspects.
- Functions of the surgical gown and isolation gown
The isolation gown: It is used to protect medical personnel from contamination by blood, body fluids, and other infectious substances, or to protect patients from infection. The isolation gown can not only prevent the medical staff from being infected or contaminated, but also prevent the patients from being infected, which is a two-way isolation.
The surgical gown: It provides the two-way protection during the operation. First, the surgical gown establishes a barrier between the patient and the medical staff, which reduces the probability of the medical staff coming into contact with the patient’s blood or other body fluids during the operation. Secondly, the surgical gown can block the transmission of various bacteria adhering to the skin or clothing surface of medical personnel to surgical patients, effectively avoiding cross-infection with multi-drug resistant bacteria such as methicillin-resistant staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) and vancomycin resistant enterococcus (VRE). Thus, the barrier function of the surgical gown is seen as the key to reducing the risk of infection during surgery.
- Dressing indication of the surgical gown and isolation gown
The using occasions of the isolation gown:
(1) Contact with patients with contagious diseases which can be transmitted by contact, such as those infected with multidrug resistant bacteria.
(2) When protective isolation is carried out for patients, such as the diagnosis, treatment and nursing of patients with large-area burns and bone transplantation.
(3) May be spattered by the patient’s blood, body fluids, secretions, and discharge debris.
(4) When entering key departments, such as ICU, NICU and protective ward, whether to wear the isolation gown should be decided according to the entry purpose of medical personnel and their contact with patients.
The surgical gown: It is strictly sterilized and used in the specialized operating room for invasive treatment of patients.
- Requirements for appearance and material of the surgical gown and isolation gown
The isolation gown: It is usually made from a non-woven material which is also sometimes in combination with a material (such as a plastic film) that has better permeability. Through the use of a variety of non-woven fiber joint technologies, it boasts great integrity and toughness. The isolation gown should cover the torso and all users’ own garment to form a physical barrier for preventing the spread of microorganisms and other substances. It should have great performance in wear resistance and tear resistance.
The surgical gown: It should be impermeable, sterile and one-piece without a cap. Generally the cuffs of the surgical gown are elastic and easy to wear, facilitating the wearing process of sterile gloves. It is not only used to protect medical personnel from contamination by infectious substances, but also keep the sterile status of the body part exposed in the surgery. The surgical and isolation gowns can be distinguished according to the length of the belt: The belt of the isolation gown should be tied to the front so that it is more easy to be untied; The belt of the surgical gown is fastened at the back.
SICHUAN LONGHUI MEDICAL DEVICE CO., LTD., founded in 2013, is a professional chinese health companies, we provide bulk face masks, protective face mask and etc. Want to buy face masks in bulk? Please contact us.