Led Strip Lights: Two Main Heating Problems And Solutions
|24.11.2020||Posted by HANRON under Advertising & Marketing|
Welcome for your visit to our website. Established in 2010, Hanron has become a Leading led strip light manufacturer inChina. By offering more than 2000 type of led strip, we’ve cooperated with 500+ customers in 78 countries.
Talking of heating problem, we may think of the quality of the led strips, but actually this is not correct. Although led light is cold light illuminator, this doesn’t mean that led wouldn’t create heat. Heating theory of LED is complicated to explain. Here let’s focus on the two main heating problems in the led strips industry.
- Circuit design problem
This most common used voltage of led strips are LED Strip 12V and led strip 24v. LED strip 12V is three strings of multiple parallel connection structure and led strip 24V is six strings. Because Led strips need to connect for use, while how long for each led strip, it’s related to circuit width and copper foil thickness. Because a measure of current strength is related with the circuit cross-sectional area, thus if ignoring this factor in wiring, when the connection length exceeds the current, led strips will be heated because of over current, and thus broke the wiring board and at the same time reduce the led life span.
- Quality control during Production Processing
Because Led strips are series parallel circuit, when short circuit happens in one set of loop, it will cause other led strips at the same line voltage rise, and led lights become brighter, thus create more extra heat. The most obvious situation happens in 5050 led strip. As for led strip 5050, any one chip has short circuit in the loop will cause other led light current rise two times higher, from 20mA to 40 mA, thus heat will be increased fast and burn down the wiring board. This problem is not easy to be found because short circuit would not affect the led strips normal illumination. When inspection, if just pay attention to if the illumination but not the brightness, or ignore the outer inspection, just by electrometric measurement, this problem would be ignored.
- Circuit design: enough width for wiring loop, 0.5mm enough for wiring gap, other space all for wiring. Copper foil thickness should be thicker under the requirements from customers, generally the common thickness is 1-1.5oz;
- Production technology:
- When printing soldering paste, avoid tin connecting between tin pads in case of welding short circuit from bad printing.
- Avoid short circuit in padding
- Inspect the pad position before reflux
- After reflux, inspect the outer and ensure no short led striphappens of led strips, and again electrical measuring. When recheck, pay attention if led strips are brighter or darker.
- Learn More about R9 and CRI
- How to Buy Proper LED Strip Lights?
- Where can we use led strip light at home?
Hanron Lighting Co., Ltd is a led flexible led flexible strip factory, we provide china flexible led strip, china led flexible strip, china led stripes, china led light tape and etc. Want to know more, please contact us.