Mechanical Power Press Safety Training
|28.5.2020||Posted by KINGLAN under Advertising & Marketing|
Power press safety operation rules
- The press operator must learn to master the structure and performance of the press, be familiar with the operating procedures and obtain the operation permission before operating independently. The press machine should be used by a professional person.
- Operator should be properly worn protection clothes when working in the workshop.
- Proper use of the safety protection and control device on the press machine; shall not dismantle them at will.
- Before work, remove the objects that interfere with the work site, check whether the drive, connection, lubrication and other parts of the press are normal. The mold screws must be firm and must not be moved. Check whether the press moving parts (such as guide rails, bearings, etc.) are filled with lubricating oil. The press machine should be operated for 1-3 minutes before work. Check whether the flywheel is running smoothly or not, check the flexibility of the control devices such as clutches and brakes, and machine can be operated only under normal conditions.
- When the equipment is running, it is strictly forbidden to reach into the slider area. When adjusting or repairing the machine, the power must be turned off, and the “no operation” warning sign should be hung. When machine needs to be in inch operation mode or started, you must notify each worker. Otherwise, it is not allowed to start.
- The punching force must be approved and overload operation is strictly prohibited.
- Turn off the power and wait until the moving part of the press stops before you can start to install and adjust the mold. If the knife edge is worn and the burr exceeds the standard, the knife edge should be repaired in time.
- The mold installation must be firm and reliable. When adjusting the die height, use manual or electric method to carry out step by step. It is forbidden to start the machine before confirmation of the adjustment.
- Before starting the press machine, others unrelated personnel should leave away from press working area and take the debris from the working table, then can start the power supply.
- After the press machine is started, one person carries out the feeding and stamping operation. Others must not press the electric button or the foot pedal switch board, and can not put the hand into the punching work area or touch the moving part of the press machine by hand. When a single punch is used, the foot is not allowed to be always placed on the pedal. After one stroke is finished, the pedal should be immediately removed to prevent accidents.
- It is generally forbidden to operate the press at the same time for two or more people. If necessary, a special person must be in charge and responsible for the operation of the pedal device. When two or more people work together, the person responsible for pressing the button must pay attention to the work of the feeding worker. It is strictly forbidden to take out the parts while pressing the button.
- During the driving or running of the press, the operator should stand properly, the hand and the head should be kept at a certain distance from the press machine, and always pay attention to the punching action. The operator should be concentrated. It is strictly forbidden to talk and operate the machine for sake of safety.
- When punching short and small size workpieces, special tools should be used and hand is forbidden to feed or take parts out. When punching long size parts, safety racks should be set or other safety measures should be taken to avoid damage.
- No part of the body is allowed to enter the mold range during work. Special tools should be used for feeding and unloading.
- It is forbidden to press the sandwich feed. It is necessary to know that the second feed can be carried out before the punch or the remaining material.
- The mold condition must be checked regularly, and if it is loose or slipping, it should be adjusted in time.
- If the press is found to have abnormal sound or mechanical failure, immediately turn off the power switch for inspection.
- When removing the mold, the work must be done in the mold shut state.
- Care for stamping equipment, dies, tools, gauges and instruments. Stop the work in time and turn off the power supply. After the power is cut off, the mold and press should be wiped cleaned.
- According to the batch, take a reasonable method of cutting, first under the bulk material, then the next small material, try to improve the utilization of materials.
Safety operation precautions
Implement the factory safety technical rules and the operation procedures of this equipment.
- Check whether the stamping work area has any unrelated workpieces and sundries before going to work. After cleaning, check the upper and lower molds, whether the screws are loose, if so, the mold must be re-assembled.
- When an abnormal problem is found, such as an abnormal sound, the total power must be turned off before eliminating failures or repairing.
- When closing mold, machine should be closed until the flywheel stops running. After die is closed, check the stamping stroke one or two times, then start the machine if no any abnormality.
- Items must be placed in strict accordance with the requirements and should not be placed at will. When the work is done, and the above-mentioned mold needs adjustment or the mold is not completely closed, the warning sign should not be hung. Turn off the main power supply after work and turn off the power supply box.
Before starting machine, move the flywheel several times by hand or turn the button on and off one time. Do not start suddenly and check the following conditions:
- The lubrication system and mechanical system of the press must be checked for proper operation. The self-contained oil pump is used to fill the lubricating oil once to prevent the crankshaft copper sleeve and the rail from dry grinding and straining.
- It is necessary to check whether the clutch and brake are flexible, and the pedals, the rods, the mold plate, the screws and the transfer devices are loose.
- It must be checked whether the punch can move freely on the guide rail, whether the flywheel is beating, and whether the flywheel clutch is reliable.
- It is necessary to check whether the protective cover, die and pressure plate are firmly installed.
- It must be checked whether the operation of the ejector is accurate and whether the blank is suitable for stamping.
- The electrical ground wire must be checked for properness and reliability.
The following points should be noted when installing the die:
- The contact points of the upper and lower dies must be wiped clean. The boring guide bushings are not allowed to expose outside the guide shafts. They should be connected together and the rods must be installed.
- The upper and lower dies must be parallel, the upper punch and the lower die must be perpendicular, the die plate should be flat, and the platen screws should be tightened in the symmetrical direction.
- The punch center must coincide with the punch pressure center, and the maximum press must not exceed the rated pressure of the unit.
- Do not take the screws and other objects under the die or pallet with your hands to prevent the hand from being crushed.
- When loading and unloading the die, lubricating the machine, and inspection faults, the power must be turned off until flywheel stops rotating before it can be performed.
The following items must be implemented during the stamping process:
- It is forbidden to correct the blank position of the die after the slider is running and after the pedal or the handle has been stepped on.
- It is forbidden to work when the operating mechanism and the automatic stopping mechanism are not working properly.
- It is forbidden to put anything on the punching table and change any parts of the pedal mechanism or pad.
- It is forbidden to place more than one blank on the die and clean the iron and trim by hand.
- It is forbidden to work when finding punching impact and automatic falling.
- The die should be inspected frequently and no rigid objects above the die height should be placed in the stamping area.
- It is forbidden to forcibly punch two or more pieces of workpieces, and only one piece is allowed to be punched at a time to avoid damage to equipment, molds and personal accidents.
- It is forbidden to clean the ash by hand or put the parts, and should use the tweezers and tools for picking up the workpiece.
- It is forbidden to extend the hand and the head between the press, the die or the pad.
- It is forbidden to clean, refuel or check the operation and repair at the top of the equipment during operation.
- It is forbidden to laugh and play with others during the operation, and the thoughts should be highly concentrated.
- It is forbidden to operate the machine after drinking.
- When two or more people operate at the same time, one person must be in charge of the command and the night work must be adequately illuminated.